Chapter 6
1. What does S mean when he states, ‘I can think, I can wait, I can fast.”? Explain the consequential abilities entailed in each assertion.
2. What is one factor that separates S from the “childlike people”?
3. What is the nature of the inner sanctuary that S and Kamala possess, and the childlike people do not possess? Is this the reason that S and Kamala cannot love—whereas the childlike people can? Is this inner sanctuary a kind of authentic self that the childlike people, in their superficiality, lack?
4. S adopted a game-playing attitude without passion toward business, and passionate attitude without game-playing toward Kamala. Does one attitude exclude the other? Clarify the similarities and difference between the two approaches to life.
5. Evaluate the statement, ‘Everyone takes, everyone gives.” Suppose a child you do not know offers you a flower. Who is taking and who is giving? Explain.
6. How is it that neither S nor Kamala can love—even though their relationship is the whole sum, substance, and meaning to their life at this point in their life’s path?
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment